IEMA Foundation Certificate in Environmental Management (Five day course) - Foundation Certificate in Environmental Management – 10,11,12,17,18th June 2024- Chesterfield, Derbyshire
This course for managers who have been tasked with helping to develop and implement an organisation’s Environmental policy and are looking for the skills to be able to achieve this and be effective. This course is the perfect way to show that managers have the knowledge and skills to begin their career in sustainability. This course leads directly to IEMA Associate Membership.
This course will give you a foundation of environmental and sustainability knowledge to build on. Covering a wide range of environmental, sustainability and governance principles, this course will give learners an understanding of the breadth of the sustainability agenda, and the management tools and skills that they will need when working within this area.
This course is also great for people working in other professions, such as marketing or finance, to gain a basic understanding of sustainability that you might apply in their role.
This course means you can apply for one year’s free membership as an IEMA Associate Member upon completion and successful pass of the multiple-choice exam.
There are no entry requirements for this course.
This is a 5-day course (40 hours), face to face which can be taken in our classroom.
Once completed, a learner on this course will be able to:
- Outline the implications of global trends for the environment, for society, for the economy and for organisations.
- Outline sustainable business/governance principles and their relationship with organisations, products and services.
- Outline environmental principles and their relationship with organisations, products and services.
- Outline major policy and legislation and their implications for organisations, products and services.
- Outline major tools, techniques, systems and practices used to improve sustainability performance.
- Outline the role of innovation and other leading practices in developing sustainable products and services and providing sustainable solutions.
- Collect data, perform analysis, and evaluate information.
- Research and plan to provide sustainable solutions.
- Deliver effective communication and capture feedback.
- Engage with stakeholders.
- Outline tools and techniques that identify opportunities and risks.
- Identify and propose ways to improve performance.
- Support change and transformation to improve sustainability.
At the end of the five days, you will take a one hour, open-book, online multiple-choice exam.
On passing your exam, you will receive a certificate to recognise your achievement and you will be sent details of how to join IEMA as an Associate Member, earning your AIEMA professional suffix and all other benefits that come as being a member of a professional body.