Course Dates - 16/17th June 2021. Chesterfield, Derbyshire
Ofqual Level 3 Course. Nationally recognised training aimed at Managers, Supervisors, Leaders, Teachers or anyone with an interest in Mental Health.
This course is designed to give learners the skills and confidence to undertake the role of a First Aider for Mental Health, but also have a deeper understanding of a range of conditions that they may encounter, and embed a positive mental health culture within their workplace.
Over the two days, learners will cover the following topics:
- What is first aid for mental health?
- Roles and responsibilities
- Identifying mental health conditions (including depression, post-traumatic stress disorder, self-harm, eating disorders, personality disorders, bipolar disorder, psychosis, schizophrenia and anxiety)
- Drugs and alcohol
- Providing advice and starting a conversation
- Mental health first aid action plan
- Mental health first aid in the workplace
- Managing anger and building self-esteem
Course duration - 2 Days