IOSH Managing Safely
This course includes the following sections
1. Introducing the course by justifying the importance of safety by looking at the legal implications, the costs to an organisation and the moral concerns following failure to control health and safety.
2. Assessing risks, including the industry default method of rating risks
3. Controlling risks, by using a systematic approach and cost benefit analysis
4. Understanding your responsibilities. Taking section 1 a step further by taking a look at how criminal and civil law is applied following failure to control. Control of health and safety by way of Plan, do, check, act (Deming Cycle) is also considered.
5. Identifying hazards. 24 different workplace hazards are now covered, including new additions of radiation, asbestos and mechanical hazards.
6. Investigating accidents and incidents. Incidents are traced back from the initial causes to their underlying and root causes. Investigation methods are also covered.
7. Measuring health and safety performance by workplace inspections, audits and collating incidents etc.
Who Should Attend?
This course will help directors, looking to gain a better understanding of health and safety, down to shop floor employees who are anticipating moving to a supervisory level. This course suits anyone who is tasked with looking after others.
The HSE recognise this course as being crucial for a business to demonstrate they are maintaining control.
Assessment is made by combined final exam and practical project completed at the delegates own site
Duration : 4 days
Please reserve your course from the list below
We offer IOSH training courses in Chesterfield and throughout the surrounding areas of Derbyshire, South Yorkshire and Nottinghamshire. This course can also be delivered at your site for groups of your own staff - contact us for a quote for on site courses.